Harry R. Pappas, M.D.
- Posted on: Jun 12 2014
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery, including Delux (multifocal) Intraocular Lenses
- Treatment of Glaucoma
- American Glaucoma Society 1993
- American College of Eye Surgeons – 1991
- American Board of Eye Surgery – 1991
- American Board of Ophthalmology – 1985
- Medical License – State of Florida – 1985
- Medical License – Commonwealth of Massachusetts – 1983
- National Board of Medical Examiners – 1980
Fellowship, Residency, Internship
- Fellowship: Edwin P. Dunphy Fellow in Glaucoma, Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston Massachusetts 1983-1984
- Residency: Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, John Hopkins Medical School, Baltimore, Maryland 1980-1983
- Internship: LAC/USC General Hospital, University of Southern California Medical School, Los Angeles, California 1979-1980
Education and Training
- M.D., Brown University Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island – 1979
- B.S., Biology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island – 1976
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of South Florida – 1985
- Assistant in Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School – 1984-1985.
Hospital Affiliations (Current)
- Florida Hospital, Orlando, Florida
Hospital Affiliations (Prior)
- LAC/USC General Hospital, Los Angeles, California
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts
Honors and Awards
- Sigma Xi National Honor Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Glaucoma Society
- International Glaucoma Congress
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Society of Contemporary Ophthalmology
- International Eye Foundation
- International Society of Eye Surgeons
- “Prevention of Intraocular Pressure Elevation Following Neodymium-YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy,” Archives of Ophthalmology 1985.
- “Intraocular Pressure Elevation Following ND:YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy,” Ophthalmology 1985.
- “Tropical Indomethacin Therapy Before Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty,” American Journal of Ophthalmology 1985.
- “Diagnostic Vitrectomy in Metastatic Breast Carcinoma to the Vitreous,” Retina 1982.
- “Autosomal Dominant Foveal Hypoplasia and Presenile Cataracts, A New Syndrome, ” Archives of Ophthalmology 1982.
Visit Me At
160 Boston Avenue
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
Get Map & Directions >